March 4, 2010

A single chip

I've been feeling under the weather the past couple of days with a cold, and actually felt a pang of hunger for the first time today. It's probably due to the fact that I just bathed my youngest in my warm vanilla brown sugar body wash, and he smells like candy.  Anyway,  seeing that I can't smell anything, and therefore taste anything I went to the pantry looking for something healthy that I could taste.  I came out with dark chocolate chips, completely failing at the mission.  But, I'm not going to just sit and eat chocolate chips, I must justify them in some way.  Peanut butter!  Of course.  And now we have all natural peanut butter in our house...completely good for you.  And to really make this a healthy snack, I'll put it on a leftover half a banana, because portion size is important. 

So, as I scooped out the peanut butter on each bite of the banana, and delicately place three chips on top, Luke comes over asking for a "nak" (snack) of his own.  I offer him Cheerios...obviously, I'm leading by example here. He says no.  Then raisins.  No.  He points to the banana.  He loves bananas.  So, he points to the banana and says, " Chocolate."  Hmmmm.  Learning new words I see.  Ok, he can have one chocolate chip.  What can it hurt?  I was amazed at the outcome.  And just so you can see for yourself, I gave him another one while taking pics. 

Warning: the following pictures may make you hungry for sugar.  Chocolate, baby, or otherwise.  On the other hand it might make you loose your appetite.  Either way, I think it's funny. 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor little guy left more the chocolate on his face and hand than in his mouth.

Tara said...

Love this post....love chocolate chips...love you!